Specialty of the department, scientific activity, main achievements
The scientific activity of Department focuses on the areas of marketing and strategic management. In the area of marketing the research concentrates on: marketing of clusters and network enterprises, marketing strategies of enterprises in difficult sectors, relationship marketing with use of informative technology, the strategies of brand. In the area of strategic management researches concentrate on: the management of intellectual capital, quality management, strategies of restructuring, studies over the formula of value in policy of enterprise, regional policy, quantitative methods in projecting the system of management. The subject area of degree researches for students in the Department cover questions connected with strategic management, modern concepts of management, quality management, strategic and operating marketing, relationship and social marketing as well as marketing promotion.
New research areas that members of the Department are dealing with are: marketing researches, theories of consumer behaviour with all their correlates, and public-private partnership.
Cooperation with foreign organizations
Department cooperates with many universities and R&D institutions. Among the most important are:
– European Regional Science Association (ERSA), University in Jyväskylä,
– Chartered Institute of Marketing,
– OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development) oraz DATAR (Delegation for Territorial Planning and Regional Action),
– The Interdisciplinary Centre for Comparative Research in the Social Sciences, Bruksela, Belgia.
Besides, members of the Department cooperate in the international project titled Rural Areas, People & Innovative Development (RAPIDO). The aim of the Project s to work out the diagnostic base for the policy of support innovation transfer In rural areas of European Union countries. Countries that take part In the Project are: Germany, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Austria, Great Britain, Belgium, Spain, Romania, Bulgaria.
The subject area of degree researches for students in the Department cover questions connected with strategic management, modern concepts of management, quality management, strategic and operating marketing, relationship and social marketing as well as marketing promotion. The members of the department teach various subjects, such as:
- Marketing researches
- quality engineering
- quality of work processes
- specialist marketing
- marketing in building industry
- organization of work and management
- basis of marketing
- modern tools on marketing communication
- project of enterprise strategy
- project of management system
- pro-seminar and seminar
- entrepreneurship and marketing
- Public Relations
- marketing strategies
- sales techniques
- quality management
- strategic management
- quality management in public sector
- strategic management in public sector